Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
For now, here's an idea of what I'll be up to in the coming months:
- This is such a great idea! I'm going to make a few of these to keep in Helen (Nick and my van, for those of you who don't know). I've got a whole lot of scraps lying around that I could use for straps. Also, I love that this is a simple, cheap quilt to make for the next projects.
- On that note, http://crafthope.com/ is my new favorite site for inspiration. It's not a big one yet, but it's definitely a project I'm going to keep up with.
- Crafthope lead me to this site. This girl is so adorable with her big ol' grin that it makes me want to find a shelter in my area that I can donate to. I think I want to see if this place is someplace to donate to.
- Here is another site I'm going to keep track of.
- Jackpot! Apparently someone wrote a book about this stuff...who knew.
In any case, I've got some projects to work on. Including my first baby blanket! (This one's for a friend though, so it doesn't count for the give away challenge.)
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
the rows are all done. now to sew them together...should be ready in time to take to nick's tomorrow to make him feel better. :) won't do the cutting or washing until my shipment of awesome christmas gifts gets here, since mom was awesome enough to get me a set of rag quilt clippers! :)
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
t minus one more night of sleep until santa comes! I wanted you to pick my gift tonight, but it's better this way...I'm trying so so hard not to point out all the flaws, and nick even pulled me into your sewing room to read the "zip your lips" thing on your shelf. I think that's great. :)
anyways, this is likely the last entry before you get to see it. I hope I've managed to give you some idea of how much love I put into this for you. mom, you are an amazing woman. you are my hero and my best friend, and I am so inspired by you every single day. I am so glad I got to be your daughter. I love you so much! :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
I've been telling everyone how I feel SO bad because I know I've told you about everyone else's Christmas gifts, but I haven't even *hinted* at yours...I really hope that by now you feel better about that. I hope you're not hurt even right now (Dec. 1, 2009), but I know there have been some lingering pauses in conversations that have made me cringe and slap my hand over my mouth. You know me well enough to know that, if I went even one step down that path ("don't worry, your gift is way better") that I'd end up spoiling the whole thing entirely. But believe me...half the gift is the fact that I'm pretty sure you have *no* idea what's coming!
I've already got the whole gift-giving thing planned out, too...I'm going to take close-up pictures of everyday objects around your house (Jesse's nose might be one of them, hehe) and use those as "clues" for a scavenger hunt to lead you to the guest room, where the quilt will be laid out on the bed.
I'm also not letting that quilt out of my sight...as in, it's coming with me on the plane. It's simply not worth the risk to me, lol. I'll sleep in the airport without a toothbrush before I'll let that thing out of my sight.
Man, I can't wait!!!