what you're seeing is the makings for 4 quilts, crammed into a box so I don't have to watch tv all weekend. this is 2 QFK quilts and abby's road, basted, then a third QFK kit, and the completed QFK quilt. so I was wrong...5 quilts.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
Nick walked into my sewing room a few minutes ago, took a look around (I expanded my doodle wall a bit) and said "You're so OCD, I love it." I was confused, but then realized he meant ADD. That I can't argue with. Here's the day's rundown:
Mai's quilt, a quick update. I did a total of 5 blocks today, and that was enough to mull on. I'm not sure where I'm going with it, but I have high hopes. We'll see.
Soaking the squares for Alishia's quilt so I could take the paper off. This was the bulk of the day, and it took FOREVER to get done. My fingers were pruney, but...
Eventually it started coming together.
A quick close up of Mai's squares, rearranged a bit.
Some of the paper I took off of Alishia's blocks.
Taadaa! All the blocks I have done for Alishia's quilt so far.
And finally, my two favorite boys, in eerily similar positions. I love these boys. One of them needs some teeth pulled though...unfortunately, not the human one. :-(
Anyways, I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Here are a few pics from last night:
I had Nick pick out the border fabric for me. I think he picked just right...I don't know what it says, but Asian lettering seems perfect for a ninja quilt. :0)
But of course, it ended up being too good to be true...
I used up all I had (I think this was a remnant), and came up literally inches shy of completing the thing. *insert primal scream at midnight here* Nick laughed and said he had faith I could fix it. I ended up using a black & white flower thing that's about the same color densities, so it's not terribly noticeable. I think. I'll post another picture when I'm done with the whole thing and you can tell me if you can see it.
This one isn't from last night, it's from 5 minutes ago. My first two Hunter's Star blocks! I tried using my flying geese template, since I don't have one of the speedy ones, and tried my best to follow these directions. Of course, not having anything to base my sizes off of made it a little more of a challenge, but I think they turned out pretty ok for winging it! The plan is to have the star points be fabrics that read black and red, and the middles to be fabrics that read white, with some black patterns for the darker ones. If that makes sense. The blocks ended up being about 9 1/2 inches (so 9 inches sewn together). We'll see if I can keep it up. I really like the star point fabrics. The red one almost looks Hawaiian, when you see it all laid out.
Oh, and that's pinned up on my new design wall. :-D I like having stuff up there...I can see it and be inspired by it, but it's not cluttering up work surfaces.
Back to work!