Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Texas State Flag

I've decided two things:
1. I'm going to keep this blog going even after Christmas, so you can keep up with whatever projects I'm working on (unless they're for you, then I'll keep them hidden :-P). I'll reset the permissions so anyone can see it.
2. I'm going to attempt to make The Boy a Texas flag for Christmas. This is the official description of the flag:


The Texas State Flag: "'The state flag consists of a rectangle with a width to length ratio of two to three containing: (1) a blue vertical stripe one-third the entire length of the flag wide, and two equal horizontal stripes, the upper stripe white, the lower red, each two-thirds the entire length of the flag long; and (2) a white, regular five-pointed star in the center of the blue stripe, oriented so that one point faces upward, and of such a size that the diameter of a circle passing through the five points of the star is equal to three-fourths the width of the blue stripe.'"

I think I want it to be pretty big (not huge, but big enough to hang on his wall). I'm thinking I'll make it 20-by-30 inches. That makes the stripes 20x10, and the star...something that I'll figure out later. :-)

No comments: