Saturday, August 29, 2009

Today's Camera Pix

Here are today's pictures:

 
 I got a new lamp for the sewing room, so I finally have some decent light.  I also put up a white board so I can doodle when inspired. 

 
 Grisgris, keeper of the fat quarters.  He swatted at me when I tried to take them out to work. 

 
The preliminary sawhorse quilting rack setup.  I had to add some foam padding to the places where the dowels meet the horses, so they'd stay in place.  

 
It needs a little work, but the idea is there. 

 
All the pieces are cut out!  The middle two fingers don't look as bad as I feared, but I still want to do something to pull them out a little more.  

 
The extent of my modeling career. :-) 

 
The end of the day.  The main hand is mostly done, while the thumb is still in pieces.  Next up: green filler! 
So that's it for today.  I made some good progress, which is great.  It'll be exciting to sew all the chunks together.  Might be another week before that happens.  I'm glad I got so much out of the way before school started up again.  I won't be able to keep up this pace much longer, but I'm not worried about making the Christmas deadline.  I can't wait until Christmas.  :-) 

No comments: