Saturday, September 12, 2009

The end of an era

No more triangles, squares, parallelograms, or funky fabrics.  That's right, folks, the middle section is all cut out and, mostly, sewn!  It's still in a few major chunks, but it looks like it's supposed to!

 
First, here are all the rest of the pieces cut out.  That bottom left (ok, top left in this picture) square was the last piece to be cut.  It took me a few minutes to decide what fabric should get that honor, so I went with one I haven't used as much.  Man, I have a lot of fabric left over.  
Drum roll please.....
......
......
......

 
Here it is!!!!!!  I can't believe it's already at this point!!  If I had some spare time, I might even be able to get this done for your birthday...but then I wouldn't be able to see you open it, so it's SO worth it to make this a Christmas gift.  
Anyway, I digress.  
The chunks are the same as the last post, plus a few more between the thumb and forefinger.  I am TERRIFIED to start sewing this all into one big chunk...I need to work from the center out to get it done right.  I'm still debating embroidering the middle two fingers, too...they look great in the picture and they actually look pretty ok in person, but I'm not sure.  I guess the doubt should say something...I'll let them be.  
It's 10 pm on a Saturday, Nick's in Boston having a business meeting all night, so I'm gonna keep going.  
I'm so psyched it's coming along!!!!  I want to call you SO BAD!!!!!!! :-) 

No comments: