Then I got the back panels sewn (in two strips...I didn't relize you're technically not supposed to have the seam down the middle, to avoid wear. Note to self):
Once all that was done, I cleared out some space in my living room:
Then laid things out to pin together:
The batting is thinner than I expected, but I think that's good. It'll definitely work better for grammom's bag, but once I rolled the quilt up, it seemed like it would be heavy enough to keep some heat in, but not so heavy it'll be hot at any given point. I think that it's intended to be a full-sized couch quilt lol.
Let it never be said that I didn't use my textbooks after college.
It turns out that the backing, while I thought I bought more than enough, shrank a lot in the wash. It fits with the front, sort of. I think I'm going to end up putting a layer of the yellow rose stuff around the outside to make sure it's big enough to cover everything. Right now, 3/4 of the quilt is pinned though, so I think I'm going to just measure things and keep it pinned. It's sort of easier to deal with when it's rolled nicely anyways.
You can see the pins, sort of.
Anyways, that's the latest. It won't fit at all in the sewing room, and it barely fits in my bedroom. I had to move furniture to lay it out in the living room (which was the best place anyways, since the floors are hardwood there...no kitty hair, and no chance of accidentally pinning the quilt to the floor).